When you become a foster carer for Tower Hamlets, it’s not just a loving and stable home you will be offering a child, there’s also the opportunity to make great friends and be part of a supportive and friendly fostering community.
Most children who come into care have been neglected or abused. Given the right chances, support and love, children can flourish. You really could make a big difference to a child’s life.
We are looking for energetic families who are passionate about children and who want to offer stable, loving and supportive family homes to children who are unable to live with their birth family. Ideally, you will live within a 15 mile radius from Tower Hamlets (East London).
When you become a foster carer for Tower Hamlets, you will be entitled to:
- Fostering fees and allowances up to £510 per week (per child in placement depending on age)
- Extensive training opportunities
- Visits from a member of the fostering team at least fortnightly at the start of new placements – more if carers are having difficulties with their placement
- Opportunity to be part of Mockingbird. An exciting new scheme which links carers together like an extended family. All linked carers receive valuable support, social events and 3 nights break a month when children in placement enjoy a sleep-over
- Monthly support group meetings
- 24-hour help and advice line
- Two weeks paid holiday per year
- Access to an experienced mentor, who can offer advice and support
- Membership of the Fostering Network regular support groups
- All necessary bedroom furniture and bedding
- Mileage payments of 40p per mile – for training, contact etc
- Opportunities to take part in outings and events for foster families
- All foster carers receive newsletters and correspondence about events and service updates
- All foster carers are members of the Tower Hamlets’ Foster Carers’ Association, an independent body to voice the needs of the foster carers
Interested? Just give us a call for a friendly chat to find out more and explore together if fostering is for you. We can also put you in touch with some of our foster carers so that you can hear from them what it is like to foster.